Barton J. Cahill
Bart Cahill was born and raised in Moorhead, Minnesota. He graduated from Concordia College, magna cum laude, in 1983, and received his Juris Doctor degree from Hamline University School of Law in 1985.
Bart joined the firm in 1986. He has been a Civil Trial Specialist certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and by the Civil Litigation Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association. He has also been selected as a member of the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, an invitation-only national organization whose members possess only the highest degree of knowledge, skill and experience in their chosen field of practice.
Bart's practice is currently focused in the areas of personal injury, insurance defense, premises liability, products liability, torts, arbitration and mediation.
Bart resides in Moorhead. When not at his desk, Bart enjoys playing golf, traveling and spending time with his family.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Defense
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Arbitration and Mediation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Specialist, Minnesota State Bar Association, Civil Trial Certification Council, 1991
- Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1992
- Minnesota, 1986
- North Dakota, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2000
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D., Juris Doctor - 00/1985
- Concordia College, Moorhead, Minnesota
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 00/1983
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science / English
- Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co.
- Cap Specialty
- The Hartford Ins. Co.
- Continental Western Ins. Co.
- State Farm Insurance Cos.
- Northstar Mutual Insurance Company
- American Family
- Country Financial
- Minnesota Lawyers Mutual
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Jaycees, Executive Board 1991-1992; State Legal Counsel, 1991 to 1992
- State Bar Association of North Dakota, Member, 1986
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 1986
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, Member
- North Dakota Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Business Networking International, Moorhead, MN Chapter, President, 2003 to 2004
- Pi Gamma Mu